Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So I had one tartlette crust leftover after last night's lemon curd feast and just made an improvised apricot clafoutis (in the toaster oven-I think some of the lemon curd dripped onto the bottom of the oven and I don't feel like dealing with the inevitable smoke alarm in my midget kitchen). Worked beautifully-the delicacy of the vanilla seamlessly melded with the softness of the baked apricots. The crust was a little burnt from being double-baked, but I actually liked the contrast of flavors that the smoky outside lent the cloying sweet inner pastry. Next time-add vanilla bean, and perhaps some orange zest. Granulated sugar sprinkled on top? I've come up with a recipe for a plum clafoutis, sugar-plum actually, with extra sugar and some honey swirled amongst the batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment